A Virtual Experience
SEPT 13-14, 2021 | Sponsors of Happiness
Thank you for joining us at Zoomtopia 2021!
The on-demand library will be posted soon.
Jimmy O. Yang
Jimmy O. Yang is an actor, stand-up comedian, and writer best known for his portrayal of ‘Jian Yang’ on HBO’s Emmy-nominated series SILICON VALLEY.
- He made a dramatic turn in his theatrical debut starring opposite Mark Wahlberg in the highly acclaimed PATRIOTS DAY. Shortly after, he joined the ensemble of the international phenomenon in Jon Chu’s Warner Bros. hit CRAZY RICH ASIANS.
- He stars & writes on Netflix’s half-hour series SPACE FORCE, opposite Steve Carrell and John Malkovich.
- He’s the author of the book HOW TO AMERICAN: An Immigrant’s Guide to Disappointing Your Parents, which is his personal memoir of growing up as a teenage foreigner in America.
2021 Keynote Speakers
Bestselling Author, Podcast Host, and Former Monk
- Jay Shetty’s viral wisdom videos have garnered over 4 billion views and gained over 20 million followers globally, making him one of the most viewed people on the internet and the go-to for positivity, purpose and motivation.
- Named in the Forbes 30 Under 30 Class of 2017 for being a game-changer and influencer in the world of media.
- After spending 3 years training as a monk across India and Europe, he began sharing insights on productivity and applying his learnings to help workplaces.
- Former host of Huffpost Live #FollowTheReader, Jay has interviewed the likes of Russell Brand, Tim Ferriss and Deepak Chopra, reaching 1 million people daily.
Head Coach of Duke University Men’s Basketball Team
- No other coach in Division 1 men’s basketball history has won more games than Coach K. Led the Blue Devils into the NCAA Tournament 34 times – more than any other coach in NCAA history.
- As the head coach, led the US National Men’s Basketball Team to 5 gold medals in the 2008, 2012 and 2016 Olympics, and the 2010 and 2014 World Championships.
- 5 NCAA championship wins and 12 NCAA Final Four appearances in his 38 seasons.
- Partnered with Apple to launch a digital leadership platform, PowerForward, a mobile video network aimed at helping corporations foster leadership and build teams.
- Author of two NY Times best sellers.
Actor, Producer, and Philanthropist
- Won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for Fences
- Received Academy Award nominations for her roles in The Help and Doubt
- The first African American woman to win the Emmy for Best Actress in a Drama series for her role as ‘Annalise DeWitt’ on the ABC series How to Get Away With Murder
- Two-time Tony Award winner for King Hedley II and Fences
- Named one of TIME magazine’s “Most Influential People” in 2012 and 2017
Founder & Chief Executive Officer
Eric Yuan founded Zoom in 2011 to deliver happiness and bring teams together in a frictionless video environment. Zoom’s video-first unified communications platform continues to dramatically transform the way leading global enterprises communicate. Under Eric’s leadership, Zoom was one of the highest-performing tech IPOs of 2019.
Prior to founding Zoom, Eric was corporate vice president of engineering at Cisco, where he was responsible for Cisco’s collaboration software development. Eric was one of the founding engineers and vice president of engineering at Webex. Between 1997 and 2011, he grew his team from 10 engineers to more than 800 worldwide and contributed to revenue growth from $0 to more than $800M.
Eric has been named one of the Most Powerful People in Enterprise Tech by Business Insider. In 2018, he was named the #1 CEO of a large US company by Glassdoor and EY Entrepreneur of the Year in Northern California (software category). In 2019, he was added to the Bloomberg 50 as a leader who changed the game in global business. Eric is a named inventor on 11 issued and 20 pending patents in real-time collaboration.
Chief Product Officer
Oded is responsible for leading Zoom’s Product Management. He brings more than 15 years of product experience to the Zoom team, providing in depth knowledge in video-centric collaboration and hands-on experience in building large-scale, cloud-based services.
Before joining Zoom, Oded held leadership positions in video conferencing and unified communications product management. He was VP of Product Management at Blue Jeans Network and head of UC integrations at Cisco Webex. Oded has also served as Director of Business Development at Radvision.
Oded holds a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from the Technion (Israel Institute of Technology).
Chief Operating Officer
Aparna brings to Zoom an expertise in building operations and infrastructure for rapidly growing technology companies. She serves as our Chief Operating Officer. Prior to this, she was our Chief Legal Officer.
Most recently before Zoom, Aparna was SVP, General Counsel for Magento Commerce, which was acquired by Adobe in 2018. Prior to Magento, Aparna was the VP, General Counsel for Nimble Storage (NYSE: NMBL); she was instrumental in Nimble’s initial public offering in 2013. Later, she led Nimble’s sale to Hewlett Packard Enterprise in 2017.
Previously, Aparna led the legal and corporate development functions for Inphi Corp (NYSE: IPHI). Bawa began her career as a corporate and securities attorney for Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. She was also an investment banker at Lehman Brothers and Deutsche Bank, where she executed multiple IPO and M&A transactions for technology clients.
Chief Technology Officer
Brendan leads technology strategy and innovation at Zoom. Charged with creating and executing Zoom’s technical vision, he brings an extensive background in technology, security, and designing scalable, user-friendly solutions. Brendan joined Zoom in 2015 and led Zoom’s global customer support before transitioning to CTO in 2020.
Prior to Zoom, Brendan worked as both a contractor and a Department of Defense civilian employee in the federal sector, creating, implementing, and supporting various global identity management systems. After leaving the DoD, Brendan transitioned to the financial sector and joined a FinTech startup, Dynamics Inc, where he served as VP of Special Operations. In that role he combined his business and technology background on special projects, including helping to revolutionize payments without disrupting the way payment systems work.
Brendan holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Oregon and a certificate in Identity Management from the Naval Postgraduate School.
Chief Marketing Officer
Janine Pelosi is Zoom’s Chief Marketing Officer, responsible for the company’s brand, communications, go-to-market, product marketing, lead generation, and customer marketing, as well as Zoom’s online business and its corporate responsibility initiatives under the Zoom Cares Foundation.
Janine joined Zoom in March 2015 as Head of Marketing and built its marketing organization from scratch. She helms the company’s bold branding strategy, as well as its powerful demand capture and pipeline engines that have fueled Zoom’s massive growth in the past five years. Janine brought over 15 years of strategic marketing experience to Zoom, with an in-depth knowledge of SaaS business models. Prior to joining Zoom, Janine led the worldwide demand generation function for the collaboration business unit at Cisco. She built successful teams and transformative programs at both Webex (pre-acquisition) and Cisco, garnering a deep knowledge of both eCommerce and direct sales go-to-market models.
In 2020, Janine was named one of the most innovative CMOs in the world by Business Insider.
Janine graduated from San Jose State University with a BS in Marketing.
Head of Technology
Shawn Rolin is the Head of Technology and Global Solution Engineering at Zoom. He joined Zoom in 2019 and has been maniacally focused on what innovation customers need to transform their business and how Zoom can be the best software company in the world for our customers.
Shawn has over 20 years of experience as both a consumer and provider of technology. Shawn is consistently staying on top of new emerging technologies and collaborating with industry experts on how those technologies will be brought to market, deployed and consumed by end users.
Prior to joining Zoom, he was at Cisco Systems where he led Systems Engineering and Technical Strategy for their Collaboration business. Prior to joining Cisco he led the IT strategy and deployment for multiple companies in the Healthcare, Media and Education verticals. Shawn is a graduate of the Stanford University Executive Program. Shawn also holds a bachelor of science in Business Administration with a focus in Information Systems.
Zoom Channel Partners are invited to join us for an additional half-day of partner-focused content on September 15. Hear exclusive executive insights, exciting partner program updates, and key Zoomtopia partner takeaways to enhance how you go to market with Zoom.